Our website is supported by our readers. We sometimes earn affiliate commissions when you click through the affiliate links on our website at no extra cost to you.
A recipe notebook is a journal where you can record and store your favorite recipes. This can be a physical notebook that you keep in your kitchen, or it can be an electronic notebook that you store on your computer or mobile device.
A recipe notebook is a great way to keep track of your favorite recipes, as well as to try new recipes that you find. When you find a new recipe that you want to try, you can simply add it to your notebook. Then, when you are ready to make the recipe, you can refer to your notebook for the instructions.
If you are a visual person, you may want to keep a physical notebook so that you can see all of the recipes that you have collected. If you prefer to have your recipes stored electronically, there are many software programs and apps that you can use to create your own recipe notebook.
No matter how you choose to store your recipes, a recipe notebook is a great way to keep track of the recipes that you love, as well as to find new recipes to try.
How To Keep a Recipe Journal
- Gather your recipes. You can find recipes in cookbooks, magazines, online, and from friends and family. If you’re starting from scratch, you may want to look through cookbooks and magazines to find recipes that look good to you. You can also ask friends and family for their favorite recipes.
- Choose a format. You can keep your recipe journal in a physical notebook, or you can create a digital journal. If you choose a physical journal, you can buy a blank journal or you can use a notebook that you already have. If you choose a digital journal, you can use a word processing program like Microsoft Word or Google Docs, or you can use a dedicated recipe journaling program like Evernote Food.
- Start journaling. Once you have your recipes gathered and you’ve chosen a format, you’re ready to start journaling. For each recipe, you’ll want to include the name of the dish, the source of the recipe, the ingredients, the instructions, and any notes about how the dish turned out. You may also want to include a photo of the dish, if you have one.
- Be creative. Your recipe journal doesn’t have to be boring. Get creative with it! If you’re using a physical journal, you can decorate the pages with drawings, photos, and other embellishments. If you’re using a digital journal, you can use fonts, colors, and other formatting options to make your journal more visually appealing.
- Share your journal. Once you’ve been journaling for awhile, you may want to share your journal with friends and family. You can do this by printing out copies of your favorite recipes, or by sharing your digital journal online. If you share your journal with others, be sure to get permission first! Recipe journals are a great way to keep track of your family’s favorite recipes and to find new recipes to try. By following these tips, you can create your own recipe journal that you’ll enjoy for years to come.
The 5 Best Recipe Journals You Should Consider
1. Promptly Recipe Journal: This hardcover book with a gold ring binder allows you to easily view your recipe on a stand as you create in the kitchen.
2. Latch Handmade Leather Journal from Soothi: Encased in a rich brown leather cover with a brass latch closure and stitched in paper, this is the journal to give as the perfect gift for just about anyone on the list.
3. Clever Fox Recipe Book: The Clever Fox Recipe Book is your ideal kitchen companion to compile all of your best bakes and mouth-watering meals so they’re right there when you need them.
4. Enjoy The Wood: This unique wooden binder is perfect for your favorite recipes, write personal chef’s notes and have fun creating your own amazing сookbook!
5. Moleskin Passion Journal: This moleskin journal is the perfect notebook for all your cooking ideas and recipes. It comes in an assortment of colors too!